Sunday, December 27, 2015

Friends......



If this true, I'm overflowing with happiness. And yes, I know that I'm really blessed. I have lots of friends but there is a certain group that will always hold an extra special place in my heart.


Believe it or not, I tend to be this type of person to some extent. Therefore, I manage to find people just like me.


As soon as we made our plans to move, I knew I wanted 1 day with this crazy group of girls. We go in spurts of doing things together and we were overdue for a day together. So I invited them to my house 5 days before we moved. We didn't do to much as far as getting anything accomplished. But then, there were 6 of us and 15 children (one is in heaven, and one was with a Grandma because she had pink eye). We planned super easy meals and talked about nearly everything. Our husbands came out after they got off work and the party continued. I thought I would share a few pictures, esp since we had a professional photographer in the midst to take them :) . 

Shiloh, almost 2
Jude, 1 and 1/2
Michael, 4

3 of my kiddos
Dear teething Shiloh, chewed on everything, including her fingers

Makayla sneaking candy

Mrs. Krista with her pacifier  


Krista has a huge servant heart. She is always doing something kind for others and takes time to ask and listen to how you are really doing. Don't let the cuteness fool you though, she can throw insults almost as good as anyone else I know!

O the mess they made!

But the fun they had was worth every bit. 

Just talking about deep things, like diapers and meal planning and teething and exhaustion. 


Hannah with her rainbow baby, Augustine. 
 This woman has been such a challenge to me as I watched her go through more then anyone should have too. 
This describes a big part of my relationship with Hannah. My life would be so dull without all the things she hurls at me, lol.

Baby Augustine, 5 months

Look at them, just figuring us all out!
And then there's Charissa, who always has time for the children. 
It's so wonderful to have her hang out with us. We can always use an extra set of hands and also her perspective, which tends to be a bit more realistic then the rest of our mushy mommy brains. She also makes yummy, foamy, coffee drinks.

The baby-wearing hippies
 Sharla is in the midst of raising her 3 children that are 3 and under and doing an amazing job. She has inspired me many times with her positive and ability to put her children ahead of herself.

Alex and Emily washing dishes

Sadly, I don't have a picture of Maria but I'll talk about her here. She does more then I ever dream of doing. Wife, Mom, Foster Mom, leads community Bible study, involved in Kids Club, and more. Her passion for reaching others is deep and real.

The end of the day, we're looking frazzled and happy.

Winnie the Pooh came and helped us out for the last hour or so with entertainment

Man talk

This picture is not flattering at all to me but it's just so real......

These 3 little guys gobbled up cheerios as fast as I could pour them out!

Michael watching Grayson. He has such a fascination with babies. He told me he wants 100 babies because they are just so cute.

More man talk

And there we are, all together in one picture with a bunch of  baby boys. Funny thing is, there was 2 more boys that Maria and Charissa could have grabbed.
My soul was definitely refreshed!

Now I'm all sappy and missing Y'all........to each one of my friends, whether you are pictured or not, I just want to thank-you for what you have added to my life! I treasure all the memories I've made over the years and thank God for bringing each of you to my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment