Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Bakery Bungle by Makayla

Bakery Bungle

By Makayla King

     Hi. My name is Makayla and I work at Makayla's Cakes. Today I made a chocolate cake with strawberry icing for Emily. I made a mistake when I was mixing up the icing. 
     Just as I completed the finishing touches, Emily walked in. I handed her the cake. She was so excited that she insisted on trying a piece before she went home. I cut it open and she took a bite. "What did you put in the icing?" she asked. 
     I listed the ingredients, "Powdered sugar, milk, and strawberry flavoring."
     "How much strawberry flavoring did you use?" she asked. "It tastes rather bland."
     "One teaspoon," I replied. I checked the recipe book and realized I was supposed to use 10 teaspoons instead of one. Seeing my mistake, I offered to make her a new one at no cost.


No comments:

Post a Comment