Thursday, January 4, 2018

Picture Post Catch Up

Once again I found myself a few months behind blogging so here's a quick run down of our life since the beginning of November!

While at my parents in TX, Eldon and I took the opportunity for a date night. We visited the famous Magnolia Market and......Aldi :)

Catching chickens!

I was thrilled to pick up 40 lbs of chicken breasts from Zaycon and can it. I don't have much freezer space but we do love canned meat!

The children made lots of memories (and messes) with their youngest Aunt!

Chicken Poop Mountain.........Eldon stayed very busy helping my dad clean out the chicken barn and get the new flock of 20,000 layers settled.

Makayla and her friend Josie. We were so happy to be able to take care of Josie and her 2 brothers a few days while their parents brought the baby brother home from the hospital.

Carver and Ethan were actually pretty good friends considering how close they are in age! So much mischief from these two!

Ethan got quite attached to Melissa in the few weeks we were there this time!

After Thanksgiving we headed for TN, spending a nights at State Parks, one in TX and one in AR.

10 days with Eldon's sister and family was so fun for our children! Eldon worked very long days helping clean out his 2 chicken barns ( I know, he should just go in business!) . I had a very enjoyable time helping my sister in law with all sorts of projects and keeping all our 8 children happy!

Devin and Makayla. She rather smothered him.

Lynette and Lanae are 1 year younger then Emily so at 5 and 4 they have quite the party!

PA bound.......Wal-mart boondocking! We made a quick stop in Aroda, VA to spend time with Eldon's sister Judith but all those pictures are on my camera.

My brother Eugene's bought a major fixer upper and we got to spend time helping them get moved in.

Yes. The snow was beautiful but then it got wet and cold and pipes froze and we were all done!

Hershey Chocolate Factory! This tour is free and worth it. Unless, you spend to much money on chocolate. 

Library time!

The farm Eldon grew up on. So much to love here, esp in the summer ;).

Eugene and Eldon, it's quite enjoyable to watch them work together and see their crazy inventions. Here they used a box and 2 fans to blow warm air from the stove, across the dining room, and into the living room. Even though we laughed at them, it worked!

Beachy reunion 2017. Evan loved playing with his nieces and nephews.

Emily was thrilled to have her cousin Nakita spend the night!

Some of my moms siblings were in the area for New Year's Day so we joined them a cabin. It was the perfect, relaxing day we needed before hitting the road WEST.

Good-bye snowy PA. Side note, Eldon's grandma planted this tree many, many years ago. I never got to meet her so it holds particular fascination for me.

2,227 miles............Page, Arizona, we are coming!
    This is a very quick update and most of my pictures are on my camera, which is in the camper and I'm doing this while driving. Ideally, I'll gt those pictures and do a much more detailed post but..........don't count on it ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment