Tuesday, September 8, 2015

So it begins......

    Eldon and I decided to start this blog since we have friends and family that are interested in following our adventures as we are facing a big change. I'll probably be posting way to often with lots of pictures and hopefully Eldon will do his far share of writing too.

  A little about us- we settled in Arkansas 7 years ago when we got married since Eldon was still in nursing school and it just made sense.We love the area and the church and thought we just might stay here a very long time. Fast forward a few years and we begin to really miss living near family. We started to talk about moving but nothing serious. It has been amazing to see how God has moved us one step at a time and ever so slowly opened one door at a time.

    I began to see quotes like this in a new way.






And this one especially. I was feeling like I had so much stuff distracting me that my children were not getting the time they should have.




   
     So this Spring I house cleaned and got rid of boxes and boxes of stuff. It was lovely :). We began to talk about moving more. Texas was our first choice since my parents are there. I wanted to buy property and build a very simple, practical house. Eldon was into that plan. Then he mentioned living in an RV for a few years while we build. So I started looking at living in an RV and getting all kinds of ideas. I was added to a Facebook group about families that live in RV's fulltime. That really got me excited. We have talked about travel nursing as an option too since our family is scattered all over the map it would be a great way to see them more. And see more of the world!





     So, our current plan (subject to change at any time :) ) has our house for sale. We have purchased a travel trailer and are planning to move to Texas (near my parents!) for a while. We will be living in our camper indefinitely. Will be move before our house sells? Will be buy land and settle in Texas? Will we do travel nursing and live in different campgrounds for several months at a time? I ask these questions too. And the answer is.......we simply do not know yet. It feels a little wild and crazy but also peaceful because we can see God's hand gently leading us along. For the first time in my life I am ok with not knowing everything ahead of time.


3 comments:

  1. Excited for you guys. Sad for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for you guys. Sad for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are setting a wonderful example for your children. Stuff is not important. Your children need you. They really do not care where they live or what they live in. All they care about is being with their parents, the ones who love them. I am very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete